Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm making dreams come true.

Tonight as I was locking up the studio a mysterious PT Cruiser pulled up. A woman threw six bags of tutus at me and was on her way. Since the studio was locked up, I threw the bags in my car and sped home. Come to find out, the tutus are for my youngest dancers. They are three.

In class each week the question "What color do you want your (insert crayons on toes, butterfly, beach ball) to be?" At first these girls just said they wanted pink or purple. Then a new student came and she said she wanted her crayons, butterflies, beach balls and everything in between to be "spotted." I think that is adorable. Spotted crayons. Anyway, then the color of choice became "Rainbow with sparkles and butterflies and flowers."

Little do they know that on Monday they are going to be getting their costume for the year and it is rainbow with sparkles with butterflies and flowers and spots. Because I still think a spotted crayon is a great idea.

The costume lady did a great job this time around.


6 comments:

Bridger W. said...

I enjoy imagining you being knocked to the ground by a bag of tutus flung from a speeding minivan.

Craig Barlow B. said...

Those definitely look like dreams come true. Sacks of dreams come true.

Allie said...

I love the 3 year olds. I do a similar thing where I ask what color they want their butterflies, and they also all started out by saying pink. Now, it has transformed to "pink purple sparkwy gold rainbow wots of colors." Its a fun image.

dawn said...

These turned out great. I wish I could trade the red jump suits my hip hop girls are wearing for these. Put a whole new twist on hip hop.

Melissa said...

Oh, I wish I could see their faces.

Mandee lost her individuality. said...

aw those are so cute. I want one.