Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just in time for Fall

Here is my most recent project. I started and nearly finished this last winter. I just needed to bind the edges which took me a while to get around to.

This is a pattern that I tweaked a little bit. It had words stitched in each corner like Imagine, Dream, Create. I wasn't a huge fan of that, nor was did I like the giant flower pattern that was in the center. So I used a Martha Stewart bird template and stitched that for the center.


This cat really loves quilts. I am not kidding. He curled up in it today as I finished the edges and refused to get off. He is now sound asleep on the quilt.

The lady who does the quilting (designs in the top stitching) does just a remarkable job. It takes forever to get them back though.

I really like the fabric I used on the back. It is one of my favorite fabrics I have used.

The bird I stitched up. It was really my first time doing handwork like that, it went surprisingly well considering I just made up a stitch to do.

I am sort of considering selling this one. I love it, but I am curious to see what would happen if I did sell it. I may give it a shot, what do you think?

6 comments:

Bridger W. said...

Well, you know my opinion on the real life 3D piece, so I don't know what else to say. One of my favorites, you just continue to sharpen your needlework skills.

derek w. said...

The fact that you let your cat lie on your quilt probably halved its value. Good luck selling it.

Craig Barlow B. said...

Again, a great achievement. I think trying a quilt-selling test-run is not a bad idea.

Elizabeth said...

I think if you sell it you will make some great money. I certainly will bid on it and shed many tears when it slips from my grasp into the hands of a quilt-seeking-billionaire.

A glorious job Sarah-Ashley. Your work is really inspiring, and I'm being 100% serious.

Jordan said...

Sarah-Ashley, this is stunning. You have really created something great--something I think could really fetch a lot of money.

John and Erin said...

I love it. It makes me want to learn how to do that which would just be a horrible idea for me. I'm sure it would sell. And I have to agree. Please don't let that cat come close to that work of art.